Head of Policy, Cash App
- Washington, DC
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
We are looking for a senior policy and government relations expert to join Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. You have experience managing complex policy matters, working to improve outcomes, and advocating on behalf of issues at the intersection of financial services and technology. You will develop plans to create positive policy outcomes on issues including payments, lending, cryptocurrencies, investing, and new and transformative financial products. This senior position will manage a growing team of policy experts on Cash App, and work with senior colleagues across the Cash App, Policy, Counsel, Communications, and Compliance teams.
- Be the lead of a team of policy professionals, focused on developing strategic policy planning to achieve positive policy and regulatory outcomes for Cash App and our customers.
- Advocate for Cash App and our customers with external audiences (policymakers, regulators, third-party groups) on important policy and political matters, and craft positions for us that will establish us as an expert and innovator.
- Guide senior level processes to develop impactful responses to incoming policy challenges and opportunities.
- Help build through relationships with industry policy partners, advocacy groups, academics.
- Foster an inclusive team environment that encourages integrity, and collaborative work.
- 12+ years of experience in U.S. policy work, with a strong preference for experience in government, financial services, and technology sectors.
- Experience navigating complex policy issues.
- Experience developing policy proposals, regulatory comment, and strategies to improve outcomes
- Experience working collaboratively across our teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and advocacy skills; an ability to explain complicated issues and policies.
- A passion for our mission to make the world's relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.