Senior Android Developer - Streaming team, TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 70 million songs, over 250,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Square will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be successful.
TIDAL is a music streaming service, serving millions of users globally every day. We keep growing and we're constantly looking for more experienced developers to join us. You'll be part of a tightly knit team focusing on improving our media streaming platform.
As a member of the streaming team, with iOS development skills, you will help us improve our playback experience. Our path has not necessarily been walked before, so innovation is essential to our work when building new features, optimizing current ones and improving performance.
- Be responsible for everything involving TIDALs media files, i.e. ingestion, storage, transcoding, encryption, delivery and playback logic. We make the music play!
- Work as part of a collaborative team, with no hard lines between backend/frontend or different platforms. We help each other out!
- Drive processes and roadmaps autonomously
- Strive for lightweight processes. Our goal is to build great products, not to have meetings.
- 5+ years of Android experience
- 3+ years of experience with Kotlin and/or Java
- A genuine interest in and passion for the streaming domain
- Experience taking responsibility for the entire development cycle, from idea to release (research, pre-study, quality assurance, monitoring in production etc).
- Openness to learning new technologies
- A passion for digging in, in order to understand the problem and find good solutions.
- Excitement about more "low-level" work; logic, optimizations, network, file management etc.
Technologies you will work with:
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.