Machine Learning Lead, Seller Financial Crimes
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
The Financial Crimes Technology team at Square finds and reports financial crimes activity across Square Seller tools. They work globally with partners in engineering and counsel to guarantee we're meeting our regulatory requirements, customer experience, and agent experience expectations. You'll want to solve and answer questions like:
- How can we detect suspicious transaction activity?
- What kind of risk does this customer pose? Should we restrict any behavior?
- How can we optimize communication with the customer to get additional information required for due diligence?
- Lead a team of data scientists
- Work cross collaboratively with product managers and designers to improve and determine product scope.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Python experience and familiarity with numpy, pandas, sklearn, xgboost, or TensorFlow
- Data visualization skills for ad-hoc exploratory analysis
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning and statistical models
- Desire or experience working with Fintech, Regtech, Blockchain, machine learning, data science, and virtual currencies
- A curious, passionate, growth-oriented mindset
- Natural curiosity and a desire to manage all aspects of data science in a small, and very growing team
Experience detecting financial crimes as part of compliance at another fintech or bank
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.