Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Tooling, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Portland, United States
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic money app with over 40 million active monthly users.
Loved by customers and by pop culture, we’ve held the #1 spot in finance on the App Store for almost two years, and our social media posts see more engagement in a day than most financial brands see in a year.
With major offices in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto and Melbourne, Cash App is bringing a better way to send, spend, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to today’s banking system.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer to join our Machine Learning Modeling Tools (MLMT) team and help build Cash App. The MLMT team is focused on building/enhancing tools, libraries, frameworks, developer environments, etc. for ML modeling workflows. The role is cross functional working with Data Science, Machine Learning (ML), and Engineering teams.
You will be covering a wide variety of problems, from Risk to Growth to Lending; You will also be working closely with other Engineering teams across the company. You will also work very closely with the members of your team to identify new and large opportunities that will shape our ML roadmap & strategy. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be very hands on, and operate independently.
- Design and build services and tooling that support all of our ML and Data Science teams
- Work cross-functionally with product, platform, security, and data engineering teams to unlock new machine learning applications
- Develop prototypes and partner with ML teams to encourage adoption of new tools and technologies
- Proactively identify new opportunities and future needs of our ML teams
- Lead by example by applying ML and engineering best practices
- Stay up-to-date with the latest techniques in machine learning and foster a culture of learning within the organization
- Help shape Cash App’s ML capabilities and strategy
- 3-5+ years of a combination of engineering and machine learning industry experience
- An advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related technical field
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of machine learning algorithms, tools, and platforms
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for Cash App’s mission of economic empowerment
Technologies we use and teach:
- Python (and its data analysis and machine learning libraries / frameworks)
- GCP, AWS
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.