Data Engineer - Compliance , TIDAL
- Oslo, Norway
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 70 million songs, over 250,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Square will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be successful.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging individual to partner with our Data Protection Officer to design and implement data compliance for our products. The ideal candidate will be able to partner with a legal colleague and translate legal requirements into technical requirements in order to design and implement effective data compliance.
As a Data Engineer working with Compliance you will:
- Partner with our privacy counsel and data protection officer to understand legal data protection requirements;
- Evaluate and design engineering solutions for data compliance initiatives
- Analyze new data sources and work with stakeholders to understand the impact of integrating new data into existing pipelines
- Architect, build and launch scalable data pipelines to support the data lakehouse growth
- Identify opportunities to streamline, automate tasks, and build reusable components across multiple use cases
You have :
- Solid engineering background
- Experience working with Spark, Python, and SQL
- Hands-on experience on cloud-based computing services such as AWS and Databricks
- Experience working with large amounts of data / scalable systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
It's a plus if you have:
- Experience collaborating with legal and compliance colleagues;
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks and European data protection laws and practices including an understanding of the GDPR
- Project management skills
- A good understanding of agile software development methodologies.
Technology Stack we use:
- Data Lake on S3 + Parquet + AWS Glue + EMR
- Apache Spark (pySpark)
- Apache Airflow
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Life Insurance
- Wellness Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Learning and Development Resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.