Lead User Researcher, eCommerce
- Atlanta, GA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
User Research champions the human-centered exploration of complex problems using evidence, data and insight to help us make better decisions. This Lead User Researcher reports to Head of User Research and is part of the Product team within Square eCommerce. You will work in partnership with outstanding product managers, designers, marketers, engineers, alongside other researchers and partners to provide insights that guide remarkable omnichannel solutions to support our sellers. You'll take on meaningful, strategic research projects to produce a lasting impact on our business and our users' experience.
- Independently determine project scope and apply appropriate methodologies to manage a research "portfolio" of foundational and evaluative insights.
- Work with product managers, designers, marketers, engineers and more, and manage the entire research process from ideation to insights.
- Identify knowledge gaps, develop research plans, and provide high-quality research outcomes.
- Connect insights and approaches across multiple squads and data sources to encourage a holistic view that is biased towards action.
- Be the dedicated researcher for multiple squads and build relationships with your team and leaders of the organization.
- Find creative ways to present and promote insights throughout the organization, and help cultivate an informed, curious, and empathetic learning culture.
- Help our team identify and learn about current and potential opportunities to better serve our sellers, inspire product strategy, and encourage design iteration.
- Shape User Research capabilities and processes, playing an important role in scaling methods, tools and activities that provide value.
- Mentor others on the team on what top-notch research looks like, through the execution, synthesis and communication of relevant insights.
- 6+ years' experience conducting UX research, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of a range of user research methods, such as in-depth user interviews, contextual inquiry, journey mapping, participatory design, usability testing, and surveys.
- Experience leading both generative and evaluative research at different steps of product development, from discovery to delivery to optimization. Your day-today consists of leading research projects end-to-end: gather requirements, develop research materials, execute and communicate insights.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods, comfortable leading multiple mixed-methods research projects simultaneously.
- An eye for identifying knowledge gaps and ability to develop holistic research agendas to fill such gaps.
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across teams and forging partnerships.
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve important problems.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, Behavioral Economics, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field. Bonus for candidates with a Graduate Degree.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.