Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Observability team builds and operates infrastructure required for logging, metrics, tracing, profiling, and alerting in the cloud. The team curates the tooling we use and creates libraries, automation, and documentation to make it easy to follow best practices for observability. The team's mission is to provide tooling that empowers engineers to effectively observe, debug, and monitor their systems running on Cash's cloud platform.
As a member of the Observability team, you’ll collaborate with our stakeholders - including product engineers - to:
- Design, build, and operate infrastructure that provide critical support for fast moving and fast changing business features
- Use a data-driven approach to make the call on any new infrastructure that might need to be added, whether it’s off-the-shelf or built in-house
- Architect distributed, real-time systems for high scalability and reliability
- Work with bleeding edge cloud technology
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- A passion for building, operating, and debugging distributed systems at scale
- Boundless curiosity, autonomy, and a strong sense of accountability
- Strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer, and mentor other engineers
- At least one of:
- Experience building and/or operating observability systems at scale
- Proficient with container orchestration technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Proficient with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
- Track record of successfully building and/or operating production systems in AWS
Technologies we use and teach:
- Go, Java, Kotlin
- Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Terraform
- Datadog, Elasticsearch, Fluentd, OpenTelemetry, Prometheus, Sentry, SignalFx
- Amazon Web Services
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.