M&A Corporate Development Junior Deal Lead
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
The Corporate Development team works across Square to bring world-class companies, technology, and talent into our organization through acquisitions. The team manages sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing impactful acquisitions and investments, and informing our strategy by identifying industry trends and maintaining relationships with startups, VCs and bankers. You will be an essential member of a high-impact team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Square. You will be an integral member of the team and will support all stages of the evaluation and acquisition process. You will also contribute to a broad array of projects for the team, including market analysis, transaction analysis and strategy development. The role reports to the Corporate Development Lead, is full-time, and is located in San Francisco, New York or remote.
- Work with senior executives and product leads to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate Square's mission
- Maintain relationships with startups, VCs, and leading technology companies to inform product strategy and stay up to date with competitive landscape
- Help develop the corp dev deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities
- Conduct rigorous analysis including valuation and business case modeling to provide detailed guidance and insight into potential acquisitions, investments and other strategic opportunities
- Support deal negotiation, due diligence and investments, including cross-functional coordination of product, engineering, legal, and other diligence supporting teams to evaluate targets
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, investment banking or corporate development experience
- Experience at a leading technology company or startup
- Ability to manage complex processes from start to finish
- An ability to drive projects cross-functionally, synthesize feedback, develop agreement and create structure
- A Bachelor's degree in economics or finance preferred but not required
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.