Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst - TIDAL FP&A
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 70 million songs, over 250,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Square will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be successful.
TIDAL is looking for a Finance & Strategy Senior FP&A Analyst, reporting to a Senior Finance & Strategy Manager, to join TIDAL's Finance & Strategy Team. As a member of the team, you will help lead efforts to steer investment decisions, to guide analysis to improve operational efficiency and to monitor expense drivers. You will directly influence important elements of Tidal's operational execution and financial forecasting. As a member of TIDAL's Finance and Strategy Team you will help grow the TIDAL business. This is a great opportunity for finance professionals excited about the intersection of media and technology. This position can sit in any of Square's US offices or be 100% remote from any US State with the exception of Alaska.
- Maintain operating expense budget and processes to ensure investment allocation and resources are aligned with Tidal's strategic priorities
- Report and refine operational and financial metrics
- Provide data-driven insights to leadership
- Develop frameworks and analyses to address questions from leaders
- Identify opportunities for solutions that guide operational improvements within Finance & Strategy
- Build partnerships with Accounting, Engineering, and Customer Service teams that impact Tidal's operation
- 2+ years of experience in a high analytical environment (e.g., consulting, strategic finance, corporate finance)
- Superb financial modeling skills
- Experience conducting analysis
- Excellent proficiency with Excel (can perform complex functions) or Google Sheets (there will be a case study)
- Experience with the Music or Entertainment industry and a commitment to Square's mission
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other relevant field.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.