Software Engineer, Reconciliation
- Holladay, UT, United States
The Reconciliation team oversees all money movements at Block, ensuring that our merchants and external financial institutions correctly settle with Block on every single transaction. We empower Accounting, Finance, Risk, Payments, and product teams by delivering accurate data that not only are crucial to Block's financials but also play a significant role in guaranteeing the correct functioning of product systems at Block.
As a Software Engineer on the Reconciliation Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining services that automatically process massive amounts of financial data, providing visibility into each step of the money movement lifecycle in Block's financial product ecosystem. You will leverage the best industry solutions in cloud computing, infrastructure management and monitoring to implement next generation reconciliation systems that will be used by other teams as platforms, unlock the potential of our high quality data for other teams to drive their decisions, and power Square’s growth for years to come.
- Build innovative data processing systems to ensure Block's financial credibility
- Leverage proper cloud computing technology, design and implement highly scalable solutions that process financial data coming from many external and internal systems, and automatically reconcile every step of transaction lifecycle
- Lead the end-to-end design and development of various solutions that have significant impact on Block's operational efficiency, from fundamental infrastructure to product integration
- Work cross-functionally with our card processing, settlement, analytics, finance, accounting, and product teams to develop Block's reconciliation infrastructure and ensure money movement accuracy
- 4+ industry experience in software engineering
- Passion for working with data at scale, building resilient systems focused on the quality of data processing
- Experience in developing backend infrastructure
- Experience with using cloud platforms for transferring, processing and storing data
- Desire to work in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to clearly communicate designs to technical and business audiences
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.