Lead Product Designer, Banking Ecosystem
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Seattle, United States
As the Lead Designer on the Banking Ecosystem team, you will be the first dedicated designer on this newly formed team, reporting to the Head of Design & Creative for Banking. We are building a suite of new financial products and you will be essential to creating connections between these products and defining the roadmap and design vision for the shared product surface areas.
The Banking Ecosystem team has a horizontal emphasis, working across numerous vertical Banking products (Checking, Savings, Loans, and more). As the lead designer, your charter will be to partner with your peer designers on our existing vertical products to create the framework and mechanisms that allow these products to work together and enhance each other. This includes the foundational architecture these products will fit into as well as unifying the look and feel of the shared patterns we use across the individual products to allow them to cohere, while still allowing each product to meet the needs of its customers and product space.
You will work in close collaboration with your peers in Product Management, Engineering, and Product Marketing across the Ecosystem team to develop the foundations we build on for years. Additionally you will partner with Square's UI systems team to help evolve and push the main design system forward, as well as identifying when and where to develop new patterns to meet the needs of Banking customers and touchpoints.
- Create design systems and patterns to allow product designers and front-end engineers to focus on product-level problems and ship high-quality
- Establish beautiful and expressive visual, motion, and interaction design with principles and patterns, across all of our products and platforms, including web, iOS, and Android
- Guide the vision for the Banking Ecosystem and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to collaborate and bring partners and your team along
- Inspire the entire Banking Design team and our partners by bringing new ideas and visual experiences to the table and defining next-generation interfaces
- Form ideas and present them to your product team to influence and inform strategy and roadmaps
- Provide guidelines and documentation that connects and resonates with the teams building our vertical products
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords**
- At least (8) years of relevant professional experience
- Portfolio that highlights design patterns and product architecture you have created or largely contributed to
- Incredible visual design skills and that come together with interaction design to make experiences that are functional and delightful.
- Direct experience leading and establishing design systems
- Thinking in systems; you can see how all the parts fit together, and how a small change can propagate throughout the system over time.
- You care about the details and the craft of your designs and how those designs get translated on a deep level.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.