Total Rewards Operations Specialist (Benefits/Compensation)
- San Francisco, CA
Square is looking for a Total Rewards Operations Specialist with Benefits and Compensation experience to support our People - Total Rewards Team. The Benefits and Compensation teams drive people programs across our organization . This is a full-time role based in our San Francisco office reporting to the US Benefits Manager.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in an "all hands-on deck" environment and enjoys working with people.
Benefits responsibilities include:
- Oversee benefits processing in Workday for new hires, terminations, and qualified life events
- Provide administrative support for EOIs and integration error reviews by partnering with Square's insurance carriers and our HRIS tool, Workday
- Partner with the Business Systems team to resolve benefits-related system issues, implement process improvements, and test system changes
- Respond to Tier 1 and Tier 2 employee queries and support the Benefits team on all operational needs.
- Provide functional support to employees needing assistance with Benefits Employee Self Services (ESS) transactions
- Process and track weekly and monthly invoices from all Benefits vendors
- Review accommodation requests to ensure all proper documentation is provided and help schedule interactive sessions
- Help plan annual open enrollment and other benefits changes throughout the year
- Handle all outplacement service requests
- Process personal and administrative leave requests and help confirm return to work dates for all leaves
- Work with Benefits Program Managers on special projects
- Ensure company compliance with company's yearly audits,plan documents and all federal, state, and local laws
- Respond to government notices and ensure reporting requirements are met on time, including required notice distribution
Compensation responsibilities include:
- Manage inbound requests from partners (HR, Talent, Finance, Payroll, Stock Admin, Legal) and employee queries
- Manage intake or completion of ad-hoc reporting requests and compensation data from partner teams
- Maintain Job and range setup in workday and comp tools used by HRBPs and Talent teams
- Create employee-facing compensation resources, such as FAQs, infographics, policy overviews, and program timelines
- Conduct market research to create analysis, including submitting compensation survey data
- Create, process, and track annual PO's/invoices for vendors used by Compensation team
- Provide support for annual compensation programs (merit/promotion cycles)
- Research and network with other companies to benchmark best practices and trends in compensation
- 1 or more years of previous Benefits and/or Compensation experience
- Experience using HCM (Workday is a plus)
- Familiar with Salesforce Desk.com
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Passionate about developing efficient processes
- Basic knowledge of federal, state, and local laws
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.