Product Design Lead, Verse
We are collaborating closely with the Cash App organization to build a product that refines the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible. This partnership will enhance support and continued investment in our company’s growth across the European Union.
We want to hire the best talent to join our team, headquartered in Spain. Interested in learning more?
In this role, you will:
- Work together with product management and engineering to ensure the team delivers an impactful and exceptional user experience.
- Work together with Marketing to ensure that Verse displays to its users a consistent brand (visual identity, tone of voice, illustration, etc.)
- Contribute to strategic decision making with the rest of the product squads.
- Mentor and manage a team of designers to achieve high quality design outcomes by ensuring they have a clear direction
- Set craft quality standards for your team across strategic design methods, facilitation, mentorship, user research analysis, efficient design processes, visual design and branding.
- Nurture a healthy happy team culture that supports professional growth and innovative work.
- Lead the hiring process for designers and researchers and own every major decision within the Design team.
What you need to be successful:
- You have experience building and leading a small to midsize Design teams and managing career journeys in product led organizations.
- You have done research or/and designed excellent digital mobile products and experience in a cross-functional product organization.
- You have worked across a variety of project types such as product design, brand, and marketing.
- You are an advocate for the customer and understand how to connect user research and design decisions with business goals.
- You have experience working within product development teams in agile environments.
- You are able to connect great design with business outcomes, and you have a strong understanding of product management needs and product metrics.
- Excellent communication is in your nature, you know how to get buy in from stakeholders with your ideas on banking in the future
- Relocation Package and Visa Sponsorship provided
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in Spain
- Square Equity
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness Perks
- Paid parental Leave
- Learning and Development Resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.