Product Designer, Design Systems
- Denver, CO
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
As a Design Systems Designer on the UI Systems team at Square, you will create components, libraries, and patterns and provide support for the central design system, Market. The Market design system is used throughout all of our seller facing products and surface areas in addition to our public website (squareup.com). The UI Systems team focuses on the functional layer of our design systems and how it extends our overall Brand.You'll work with peer Design Systems Designers, Brand Designers, PM's and Engineers to work on initiatives to improve the experience for sellers using Square products and improving how product teams design and build day-to-day. Your designs will help unlock the potential of all product teams at Square through our design system.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords**
- 3 or more years of relevant professional experience, with 1+ years in building design systems
- You have a portfolio that shows design systems you have created or largely contributed to
- Experience as a contributor to multiple high impact projects
- You can design flexible and efficient components that can be built to grow across several teams
- You enjoy socializing a design system across an internal organization. You care about partnering and collaborating through documentation, office hours, and pairing with fellow designers
- You have experience building clear processes of how to support partner teams in adopting and contributing to the design system
- You have a technical understanding of how to design across multiple breakpoints, devices, and locales, and can bridge the gap between design and code
- You are a Figma power-user
- You understand your way around code, even if a basic level
- You're passionate about creating inclusive, accessible products
- You have experience creating engaging illustrations, icons and animations that bridge the brand identity, user experience and business needs
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.