Credit Risk Underwriter
- Dublin, Ireland
We are looking for a Credit Risk Underwriter to manage charge-back risk for the largest sellers processing on Square. You will work with our Sales team throughout the onboarding process to provide a seamless seller experience ensuring appropriate risk assessment and controls. You will have commercial credit underwriting experience; use financial statements to understand a company's business model, key risks, and mitigating factors. Importantly, you will help partners navigate the risk experience, improve our operations and our people.
- Conduct in-depth credit reviews of our most high-risk sellers, including preparing credit memorandums for approval by senior management
- Lead due diligence calls with prospective and existing sellers to ensure that key risks are understood and mitigated
- Work with partners in Sales, Account Management, and Finance & Strategy
- Present to Credit Committees and partners; represent Credit Risk team and perspectives
- Support principled risk-taking in emerging products and markets by building frameworks for credit analysis
- Contribute to the development of credit policies and add structure
- Identify ways to improve our underwriting and operations, and collaborate to build strategic programs.
- 2+ years of experience in UK/EU commercial banking, credit, or payment industries
- Commercial credit underwriting skills, including complex financial statement analysis
- Familiarity with diverse risk management tools and techniques
- Intermediate Excel (can perform complex functions) /Sheets required; SQL a plus
- Fluency in French or Spanish is an asset.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.