Product Designer, Banking
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Toronto, Canada
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a Product Designer at Square, you will help guide design decisions for our Business Banking team—which includes products like Balance, Instant Transfers, and Square Card. We're helping sellers and small business owners through the struggles of financial management by expanding our financial services offering. Cash flow is an essential part of the Square ecosystem, and you'll work on challenges across web and native interfaces and make decisions that directly influence the product and roadmap. You will report into a design team that works with other designers, product managers, analysts, and engineers.
This is a remote friendly position.
***For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords***
- Around 5 years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company plans
- You are an advocate for the customer
- You know when to compromise without sacrificing user experience or design principles
- You communicate your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams
- You take pride in the quality of your work and create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You always think about how your work fits into our full ecosystem during all phases of the design process
- You propose and participate in usability and field research
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.