Strategy & Planning Analyst, Marketing Analytics
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a smartphone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Terminal, Square Appointments, Square Online Store, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Marketing Analytics team at Square is responsible for marketing data, acquisition measurement, and strategy/planning including making recommendations to increase revenue and optimize spend. The Strategy & Planning analyst is a hybrid of traditional jobs in data analytics, strategy and planning, and financial analysis. You will join our team of Marketing Analysts and support our global marketing teams in tracking and optimizing our marketing spend across channels. You will analyze performance, synthesize insights, and develop relevant strategies to scale our marketing investments. You will work with numerous partners, including Marketing, Data Engineering, Finance, Sales operations, and Data science.
- Support strategic company growth, which will include programs such as financial modeling and channel performance measurement
- Work with business leaders across Square to develop financial forecasts, work on operational goals, and improve investment spend
- Report on metrics for marketing performance and analyze trends and product launches
- Partner with Square's Finance team to help measure Marketing's dollar-impact to our P&L
- Mine data from databases and use it to predict short-term and long-term trends for making financial and capital reallocation decisions
- Perform analysis into specific marketing channels to understand the conversion funnel and its underlying drivers and provide optimization recommendations
- Develop performance indicators and benchmarks, communicate trends and analyze unexpected variances
- Work with channel partners on marketing performance analysis to inform investment decisions
- 2+ years of experience working in analytics, finance, management consulting, marketing, or business
- Good knowledge of relational databases and Analytics tools
- Experience working with a marketing department with a understanding of marketing strategy
- Comfort working with large datasets and solving ambiguous problems
- Experience writing and presenting to partners -- particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical partners and vice versa
- Creativity in developing relevant analysis and recommendations
- Comfort working in an organization with multiple team members across time zones
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.