Product Designer, Square Banking
- New York, NY, United States
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
As a Product Designer at Square, you will help guide design decisions for our Banking team—which includes products like Loans, Savings and Square Card. We're helping sellers and small business owners through the struggles of financial management by expanding our financial services offering. Cash flow is an essential part of the Square ecosystem, and you'll work on challenges across web and native interfaces and make decisions that directly influence the product and roadmap. You will report into a design team that works with other designers, product managers, researchers, and engineers.
- Create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems and patterns
- Question and contribute to company-wide design standards and processes and advocate for moving the design discipline forward
- Plan and scope work with your cross-functional team that contributes to larger, long-term plans and roadmaps
- Advocate for the customer and participate in usability and field research
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords**
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company plans
- You are an advocate for the customer
- You know when to compromise without sacrificing user experience or design principles
- You communicate your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams
- You take pride in the quality of your work and create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You always think about how your work fits into our full ecosystem during all phases of the design process
- You propose and participate in usability and field research
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.