Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst, reporting to a Cash App Finance & Strategy Manager, who will work as a member of our Finance & Strategy team supporting Cash App's Cash Card and banking. These products allow our customers to make everyday purchases using the Cash Card, receive paychecks faster with direct deposit, enjoy instant discounts with the Boost rewards program, and much more, with the goal of making banking services relatable, instant, and accessible for everybody. This position can sit in any of Square's US offices or be full-time remote (heavy preference for Pacific or Mountain Time Zones) within any US state except Alaska.
- Forecast and analyze financial performance, including managing the topline forecast model for Cash Card and Banking, and communicating important takeaways to senior team members through regular performance review meetings
- Build models, including impact and scenario analyses for important partnerships in our banking supply chain, to understand all of our cost/benefit tradeoffs and size financial impact of changes to our partnership agreements
- Support inventory management and forecasting for our Cash Card operations team
- Prepare board materials and ad-hoc analysis for our investor relations team, to help bring understanding of performance to external team members
- Manage ad-hoc analyses and special projects as requested by Cash App team and Finance partners related to our performance/metrics, P&L analysis, among other topics
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 2+ years of experience, with excellent modeling skills
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel (can perform complex functions - there will be a case study)
- Commitment to Squares purpose of Economic Empowerment
Nice To Have:
- Interest or experience in fintech, banking, or payments
- Experience with (or enthusiasm to learn) SQL and data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.