Mobile QA Engineer, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
As a Mobile QA Engineer on Cash, you'll be responsible for the planning, design, development, and execution of manual and automated test suites for Cash. You'll work collaboratively with members of the release management organization, and product & engineering teams to create smoke, regression & feature test suites, and plan for automated solutions to execute and validate against every build.
- Own the quality of features and lead test efforts for a product area
- Review PRDs, functional and design specifications and prepare test plans
- Work closely with cross-functional peers to develop manual and automated test suites for existing & new features
- Integrate with CI systems, parallelize automated test execution, including execution in device cloud
- Work with QA & Release Managers to certify a release and investigate issues from Early Access Program
- Experience in code/scripting language such as Python or Ruby or Java
- Experience working with CI systems
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Create clear, concise detail oriented test suites
- Ability to understand and create test suites from specifications or test cases
- Liaison with Product teams, Engineering teams, and QA teams
- A proven record of prioritizing and coordinating work across a large number of product teams.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.