- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
We've aimed to create economic empowerment for all businesses. We're now taking the next step by creating banking specifically for small businesses. Our bank (Square Financial Services) was launched in March 2021, and offers small business loans and deposit products. You'll be on the forefront of establishing and growing a bank that allows for all businesses to excel. We can't wait to see your ideas come to life. The Risk Analyst will report to the Program Manager, Square Financial Services.
- Act as a second line of defense for escalated customer complaints including investigating cause, assessing potential regulatory risk, and escalating to appropriate teams
- Ensure proper tracking of Complaint Log and resolutions and/or responses
- Identify issues and propose solutions that will improve the merchant experience for Square sellers
- Work with Counsel, Compliance, and bank partners to create complaint response templates
- Use tools to analyze data and provide insights on complaint trends back to Square Financial Services management teams
- Potential for additional projects related to:
- QA/QC of Square Financial Services procedures
- Vendor Management: vendor monitoring, conduct due diligence requests, provide risk assessment of relationship/partnership
- 2+ years of professional experience with either a financial institution or payment processor
- Experience in QA/QC, Compliance or Risk Management
- Basic knowledge of lending regulations, including ECOA and UDAP
- Experience in direct customer-facing roles
- Basic SQL
- Excel (Pivot Tables)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.