3D Motion Designer, Cash App
- New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
*Portfolio required to be considered for this role.
We are looking for a Senior 3D Motion Designer to join our Brand Studio team. You will collaborate with teams across Cash App to launch creative marketing experiences to guide our mission, business and brand forward.
We focus on creating a brand that is built upon creativity and art, and we strive to look at brand marketing through a non-traditional lens. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
Our team is made up of accomplished designers, illustrators, art directors, motion designers, and copywriters. This role reports to our Creative Director.
In this role, you will:
- Work with team members to help conceptualize and execute animation projects for all our social platforms
- Work on projects from ideation and design through implementation, in partnership with our creative team
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Design graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments for various channels
- Elevate brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Work with partners across Cash App to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- 6+ years of agency or freelance experience
- Proficiency with Cinema 4D, Redshift or Octane, and Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of Nuke is a plus.
- Experience working on all parts of the production pipeline (design, animation, compositing)
- A portfolio of work that displays proficiency in design, animation, storytelling, color and compositing.
- Experience working cross-functionally to launch integrated marketing campaigns
- Familiarity with both new and traditional brand channels and media
- Understanding of performance-based marketing strategies is a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.