Senior Product Writer, Cash App Pay
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Writing at Cash App is unique in that brand/marketing copywriters and UX/product writers form one team. They work together on voice, tone, and style, ensuring consistency across every surface, from ads to error messages and everything in between. The team is hiring an experienced product writer (and innate systems thinker) for Cash App Pay and all things commerce.
As a senior product writer on Cash App Pay, you will:
- Dive into a complex ecosystem of in-person and online payment methods, ecommerce integrations, business profiles on Cash App, plus discounts and loyalty programs
- Be charged with simplifying, organizing, and explaining concepts and features within all of commerce
- Name new features and craft key messages and value propositions
- Work alongside designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers on high-priority projects across all of commerce
- Develop a UX and content strategy point of view and influence product roadmaps and the development process from ideation to launch
- Find intuitive and elegant solutions, crafting copy that resonates with our growing audience and provides measurable value to the business
- Seek feedback on your work, build consensus among your team, and bring stakeholders along with your recommendations
- Standardize payments and broader commerce terminology and work with other writers to maintain our style guide
- Provide guidance on messaging and terminology to Product Marketing and Creative partners (and copywriter teammates) as they create commerce-related marketing campaigns
- 8+ years experience in content strategy, UX writing, content design, or whatever you happen to call it, and exceptional writing skills
- Experience working on payments, ecommerce, or related products and a passion for the space
- Strong UX and systems thinking, plus insight into product strategy
- Experience building successful cross-functional partnerships
- The ability to work pretty independently but ask for help when you need it
- A portfolio that showcases your writing, any relevant work on mobile apps, and a range of content strategy deliverables
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.