Financial Crimes Emerging Risk Analyst, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
We are looking for a Financial Crimes Emerging Risk Analyst with an understanding of BSA/AML regulations and suspicious activity reporting, experience analyzing complex data sets, and the ability to identify red flags across a variety of product types within the Cash App ecosystem.
You will sift through large amounts of data to identify patterns of high-risk activity, assess and present findings, and make recommendations that can be used by Compliance and management to improve internal processes and product controls.
- Apply your knowledge of AML and fraud typologies to search for red flags and patterns of high-risk activity in complex data sets
- Create queries that can be used to identify high-risk activity
- Monitor industry trends, evolving financial crimes related typologies, negative news and regulatory enforcement orders/regulatory changes that could improve Cash App
- Summarize complex matters for peers, partners, and management, and share data interpretations through written reports and presentations
- Conduct account reviews
- Open or escalate suspicious activity cases
- Partner with Risk and Data Science teams
- Maintain an understanding of Cash App products and compliance requirements
- 2+ years experience with SQL, Python, Looker, Tableau, Excel (can perform complex functions) or other data analysis tools
- Experience reviewing financial data or customer accounts as part of AML or fraud investigations
- Experience summarizing findings and present to peers, managers and senior members of management
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Certified Fraud Examiner, ACAMS, or similar accreditation
- Experience working in a BSA/AML, fraud, or compliance environment
- Experience filing Suspicious Activity Reports
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.