Enterprise Risk Associate
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
We've aimed to create economic empowerment for all businesses. We're now taking the next step by creating banking specifically for small businesses. Our bank (Square Financial Services) was launched in March 2021, and offers small business loans and deposit products. You'll be on the forefront of establishing and growing a bank that allows for all businesses to excel. We can't wait to see your ideas come to life.
The Enterprise Risk Analyst role will be primarily manage the execution of the Bank's Enterprise Risk Management program and priorities under the oversight of the Bank's Chief Risk Officer ("CRO").
- Under guidance of the Chief Risk Officer, support the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the enterprise risk management program
- Coordinate with teams and improve the annual enterprise risk assessment process within the Bank
- Develop methodologies for the assessment and ongoing monitoring of risks using both quantitative and qualitative tools and metrics
- Prepare status reports, develop risk metrics and other risk-related or dashboard reporting in accordance with the ERM program and, as requested by management or the Management Credit Risk Committee or the Enterprise Risk & Compliance Committee of the Board
- Support organizational compliance with risk policies through regular risk monitoring and reporting, documenting and reporting risk policy exceptions
- Help to guide and create presentations or other reporting for senior management, risk committees and the board with focus on essential risks, trends, our event reviews
- Support other enterprise risk management plans as the Bank continues to grow
- 4 year undergraduate degree at minimum (graduate degree in a technical field)
- 4 or more years risk related experience within financial institutions
- Experience working with relational databases and reporting tools such as SQL, Excel, Python etc.
- Knowledge of risk management concepts and industry best practices
- The versatility and willingness to learn new tools and technologies on the job
- The ability to drive complex results to all kinds of audiences
- Experience in risk quantification, development of risk appetite within financial institutions
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.