- Toronto, Canada
We are looking for a Credit Program Manager to join the Square Credit Team. Reporting to the International Policy Lead, you will document, monitor, and improve end-to-end processes to manage credit products for sellers using Square. Responsibilities will include the creation of new operational policies and procedures to be used by our Operation agents, ensuring adherence through learning and development, and evaluating our strategies to best serve the needs of our sellers. The Credit Program Manager will have a high degree of empathy for the businesses and people we serve and bring creativity towards our procedures while maintaining a positive seller experience.
- Monitor daily workflows and identify operational needs/resources to ensure SLAs / KPIs are maintained within guidelines
- Partner with Product / Engineering / Legal / Operations teams
- Guide escalations from operations teams and provide exceptions to policy where required
- Develop and deliver training to operations teams, including implementing feedback to improve training materials
- Use analytics (SQL, Looker) to monitor process performance and support policy change
- Resolve gaps in current processes and policies to reduce operational errors.
- Maximize efficiency in an environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are expected
- Gather feedback from operations teams to improve training materials for future training sessions
- Partner with teams to monitor changing legislation and trends within relevant industries and implement these changes to the relevant policies as requires.
- 4+ years experience in commercial lending, credit operations or financial services
- A creative and eager mindset and finding solutions
- Experience working on an operations team and providing support to operations teams across different locales
- Interest in supporting training and development of operational team members
- Use data to identify trends and anomalies, and to make recommendations for new initiatives
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in project management and/or operational policy roles
- Experience with SQL, Looker or similar business intelligence software/big data analytics platforms.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.