Hardware Engineering Program Coordinator
- Oakland, CA
- Alternate Location: Oakland, United States
As a Hardware Engineering Program Coordinator, you will work closely with engineering teams and program management to coordinate the release of design documentation and assets necessary for development builds by our contract manufacturers. You are a customer-focused organizer who can manage rapid changes, prioritize, and track the details. You will work with engineers in all disciplines, Program Managers in engineering and operations, Product Lifecycle Analysts, and domestic and overseas suppliers and partners. This role reports to the Lead of the Engineering Program Coordinator Team.
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, this mainly remote role is open to people who can work onsite at our San Francisco and Oakland offices when onsite work is required. Additional staffing is in place to cover most onsite work for you during the pandemic.
You will be part of an org and team that works across multiple time zones, Pacific Time and China Time. This role is open to all people who can be effective partners with this team, including sharing typical working hours.
- Work closely with the cross-functional teams to ensure product designs are accurately defined and documented by the Bill of Materials (BOMs). Write Engineering Change Requests(ECRs), Deviations, and Change Orders (ECOs). Create build configuration spreadsheets
- Guide internal and Joint Development teams to provide design documentation in time to support approval deadlines. Coordinate readiness checklist (OK2) reviews and approval activities for electrical and mechanical design releases
- Manage local suppliers, materials, and purchase orders for quick-turn board builds
- Ship, receive, track, and distribute prototype units
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies. Communicate status and key updates to program team, program manager, and functional leads
- Develop, document, improve, and present processes that allow our team to do our best work
- Understanding of configuration management principles, experience with ECO and BOM creation.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical components and their assemblies, preferably for consumer electronics
- Comfortable with complex spreadsheets including creating and using formulas and functions
- Experience with device tracking systems
- The ability to work across time zones and travel internationally
- 3+ years of industry experience in a similar role
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.