Account Development Representative
- St. Louis, MO
Square is looking for motivated professionals with sound business insight to join and help support our Sales organization. You will be a brand ambassador for Square, identifying and qualifying prospective inbound sellers. You will qualify prospective merchants while promoting the value of Square for their business.
As a successful Account Development Representative, you will use insights and product knowledge to educate and support customers. You understand how Square's ecosystem of products fit many types of businesses. You will work with Square sellers of all sizes, from small family run businesses to strategic partnerships for Square. You will be thoroughly trained on the organization and surrounded by inspired professionals who are passionate about their job, and who will achieve and often exceed their quotas. You will report to the Sales Development Manager and help develop our sales process, the articulation of our value proposition, and the creation of essential tools and assets.
- Respond to marketing-driven inbound leads
- Quickly determine which customers are good product fits for Square
- Prioritize your pipeline for maximum efficiency daily
- Learn to sell in a dynamic, innovative, fast-paced environment
- Understand complex business requirements and help create custom solutions
- Gain experience working with our sales, marketing and partnership teams
- Be a brand ambassador for Square and create a fantastic first impression with our Sellers
- A feedback-driven, positive attitude
- Desire to partner with and assess important needs of potential merchants
- Curiosity, perseverance and motivation
- Manage deadlines on multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- A desire to learn new systems and processes
- No reservations communicating over the phone
- A process-oriented mindset
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.