Financial Crimes Compliance Trainer, Cash App
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system. Loved by customers and pop culture, we've consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We are looking for a Financial Crimes Compliance Trainer to join Square and support the continued build of our Global Financial Crimes program for Square's Cash Business. Our mission is to make banking and financial services accessible to the underserved and unbanked by developing an outstanding compliance program to help grow the Cash App business while protecting the broader financial ecosystem and the Company.
You will support the Cash Financial Crimes team by contributing to the design, implementation and execution of a training program that fosters a learning and improvement environment. You will work with Financial Crimes Compliance Leads and other relevant partners in the development of in-person, video conference, web-based, and other training capabilities that creates financial crimes compliance with applicable laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions. You will demonstrate excellent regulatory knowledge, program and systems design and documentation abilities.
- Develop a scalable training program for all Cash Financial Crimes team members as it relates to internal policy, regulatory requirements, and the Cash App platform
- Develop feedback mechanisms to ensure team members understand the training content and can apply to daily program execution
- Identify training opportunities; design/coordinate the development of training materials, and conduct training
- Maintain an understanding of Cash App products and features and applicable domestic and international compliance requirements
- Stay informed of regulatory developments, industry trends and Square product road maps to ensure the training program(s) are up-to-date
- 5+ years of experience providing compliance training for compliance operations teams with a financial services firm
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge in BSA/AML regulations, risks and typologies
- A mindset to deliver results proactively, resourcefully, and methodically in a fast paced environment
- Experience working in a Payment or Fintech company
- 4+ years of experience providing compliance training for compliance operations teams with a financial services firm
- Relevant industry certifications (CAMS, CGSS, CFE, CFCS, CRCM)
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Global Experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.