Engineering Manager, Channels + Fulfillment
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Denver, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Channels team is a passionate and occasionally silly team with a bold mission: enable Square sellers to sell everywhere through omnichannel solutions.
We are building many integrations to 3rd party systems used by sellers, as well as a core platform to power those integrations. The platform is designed to accelerate our future initiatives of supporting commerce everywhere by unlocking omni-channel selling, and it's being built with state-of-the-art technologies and event-driven architectural principles.
As a leader on the Channels team you will be responsible for managing a team that is responsible for building the platform that powers our channel integrations, as well as the products that our seller’s use to manage and automate those integrations. You will have direct responsibility for shaping the product roadmap and delivering critical features that will help thousands of sellers share their millions of products with the world.
- Work with engineering leaders across the company, as well as design, product, marketing, legal, and analytics, to create remarkable technical solutions
- Grow an excellent team of engineers, helping develop their careers with ambitious projects and specific feedback
- Ensure successful project execution through careful planning, organization, and ownership of your team's development processes
- Contribute to engineering-wide programs as part of the engineering management team
- Hire and develop your leaders and engineers, helping them grow and support the product roadmap
- Lead planning and resource allocation for a growing Channels organization
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the engineering team is operating with high velocity, and ownership
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (education or experience) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience shipping high quality projects as an individual contributor
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering management role, including hiring, providing direct feedback, and facilitating career growth
- Strong understanding of how to gather and use data to make informed decisions
- Experience working effectively with product managers, data analysts, and other engineering leaders
- Experience working with distributed teams in a leadership role
- Experience launching a new business or product is a plus
Technologies we use and teach:
- Language: Golang
- Infrastructure: AWS / DC
- Technologies: Kubernetes / Docker / gRPC / Terraform / MySQL / Redis / ElasticSearch / SQS / DynamoDB / ElasticSearch
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.