Senior Software Engineer, Channels + Fulfillment
- Denver, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Channels team is a passionate, and occasionally silly team with a bold mission: enable Square sellers to sell everywhere through omnichannel solutions.
Our team is currently building many integrations to 3rd party systems used by sellers, as well as a core platform to power those integrations. The platform is designed to accelerate our future initiatives of supporting commerce everywhere by unlocking omni-channel selling, and it's being built with state of the art technologies and event-driven architectural principles.
We are building an industry renowned team known not only for what we build, but for the culture and engineering practices that enabled us to build it. That culture and practices help take passionate, engineers into an environment that is challenging, supportive, and full of learning such that it will help accelerate their skills and career.
- Join a team passionate about test-driven development, documentation, and growth in the craft of software engineering
- Learn from us, and help us learn from you
- Work with engineers, product managers, data scientists, and others to deliver remarkable products
- Empower and work with other teams at Square to build and support integrations to 3rd party systems
- Design, code, and ship features for a new platform that will empower sellers to be everywhere their customers are
- Build and test for massive scalability
- Work with state-of-the-art technology and technologists that will create new paradigms for the industry
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience
- First hand experience building products at scale.
- A passion for designing and building efficient distributed systems
- Experience executing complex, medium-to-large feature releases that span multiple months.
- A passion for investing in tools, processes or technologies that help multiply the teams efforts
- The ability to embrace periods of ambiguity and be part of the force lighting a path forward for the team.
- Experience working with designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing, and business development to achieve a great product.
- Design fault tolerant systems so the team can be brave and move fast, without ever negatively affecting our customers
- A lifelong dedication to both learning and mentoring others.
Some of the technologies we use and teach:
- Language(s) Golang
- Infrastructure AWS / DC
- Technologies Kubernetes / Docker / gRPC / Terraform / MySQL / Redis / ElasticSearch / SQS / DynamoDB / ElasticSearch
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.