Compliance Governance Program Specialist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
You will support Square's Compliance Risk Analysis and Controls (RAC) function, which is part of the Compliance Governance team. Our mission is to provide comprehensive management of compliance risk assessments, customer risk programs, issue management, regulatory examinations, and audits for Square across all markets. Reporting to the RAC Lead, you will support the global audits and examinations, issue management and risk assessment, working with the Compliance Governance Program Managers.
- Manage incoming requests and outgoing responses for Compliance-related audits, examination and independent assessment activities (pre, during and post).
- Work with partners to maintain content required to be presented to auditors and examiners.
- Partner with Compliance Leads to obtain relevant information and documentation needed for audits, examinations, risk assessment activities and other Governance related projects.
- Promote essential Compliance Risk Assessment activities inclusive of quantitative analysis, partner engagement, and summarizing results.
- Help implement the Compliance Issue Management program which includes tracking, monitoring and reporting of observations and findings
- Maintain accurate status and provide updates to promote transparency of open issues, including tracking and aging
- Support the Compliance Governance RAC team in special projects.
- 4-year undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience with at least one of the following subject matter areas: anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions, consumer compliance, or payments
- 3+ years experience in project management, specifically with exam/audit, or risk assessment
- Experience with data analytics and visualization platforms (e.g. Databases, Tableau, Looker, or other querying methods)
- Experience building relationships and credibility with partners
- Challenge and identify opportunities
- Experience managing competing efforts and requirements
- Industry certifications (e.g. CAMS, CRCM, CFE)
- Knowledge in more than one of the subject matter areas listed above
- Experience with crypto assets or other decentralized financial technology
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.