Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning Infrastructure
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Risk organization builds the teams, tools, and expertise necessary to help Square and our Merchants to take principled risks in creating growth and innovation. As a Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning, you will lead the way in designing and building innovative, cutting-edge artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions that make trade-offs to ensure profitable growth. You will build a comprehensive Risk platform that addresses some of the most challenging and unsolved financial risk problems in today's environment, as we continue launching new products, expanding into new markets, and supporting all customers.
You will determine the multi-year product strategy for Square's Risk platform and driving product plans from creation through detailed execution. You will promote collaborating closely with your sprint team, which includes engineers, machine learning engineers, and data scientists, and by influencing leaders across Square who rely on your platform to achieve their goals. You will work with other Product leaders to understand how the Risk platform can support their needs, the technical dependencies, and shared goals to reduce Square's and Merchants' risk. You will ensure that the services, products, and features your sprint team builds achieve maximum impact to Square and to your customer. You will be asked to become a domain expert in Risk prevention and build empathy and understanding for your customer and their business. Ultimately, you will set the vision, roadmap, and goals for the Risk platform and ensure your cross-functional team hits them.
- Determine a vision and multi-year strategy for the Risk platform in partnership with Risk Product teams, Engineering, Machine Learning, Data Science, and Policy functions and partner teams across the company.
- Lead the delivery of remarkable products and features that ensure optimal and scalable risk transactions experiences for merchants while protecting Square against financial loss.
- Address challenging prioritization questions through data-driven approaches that put your customer first.
- Define and deliver the Risk platform technical roadmap and lead your sprint team into executing on timelines and delivering results within target range.
- Meet the Risk platform goals by representing your sprint team, their objectives, and strategy with cross-functional stakeholders, Risk leadership, and senior company leaders.
- Think as a platform: support other sprint teams across Square in their efforts to achieve their goals by understanding their goals and using them to inform your strategy.
- 8+ years of product management experience.
- 4+ years of experience building AI-driven evaluation or recommendation platforms.
- Experience building agreement and goal setting with diverse partners.
- Vision: You've formed, gained and supported essential strategies shaping the multi-year direction of your team.
- Results: You're excellent tactically, with experience shipping elegant products at scale.
- You have a great ability to absorb and apply data to your decision-making.
- You're able to push through obstacles, and participate wherever needed.
- Customer empathy: Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Experience working through problems with high ambiguity and without a definitive answer.
- Developed industry-leading products that have solved complex and interconnected problems for their customers.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.