Engineering Manager (Server), Appointments
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square Appointments is an industry leading Point of Sale for small businesses that have complex scheduling needs (salons, personal trainers, massage therapists, tax consultants, etc). Every day hundreds of thousands of small businesses around the world rely on us to run and grow their business. Our platform powers merchants on our Point of Sale product and third-party developers through our public developer platform. Our highly available service is involved in the complete booking lifecycle: search, reservation, payment and analytics.
In order to scale our systems, we are building out a brand new Platform Server team. This team’s mission is to architect and build the next generation of services that will ensure our reliability and scale for the future. From scaling our data store, to building our platform primitives, to launching public APIs, this team will lay the foundation for other developers, both first party and third party, to build powerful features on top of.
As a leader within the Appointments team, you will be responsible for managing a team of high caliber server engineers. You & your team will be involved in the technical details of building highly available and reliable services, while also working with feature teams to enable Square Appointments to rapidly build new capabilities for our sellers and buyers all over the world.
- Help make your team a place where everyone can live their best lives and do the best work of their careers
- Lead your team in developing and operating a key platform for Square, diving deep with customers and launching new products for internal and external developers.
- Hire and develop your engineers, helping them learn and achieve their own goals while holding them - and yourself - to high engineering standards
- Develop efficient processes, ensuring the engineering team is operating with high velocity, quality and ownership
- Focus your team on increasing resiliency, uptime and deployment velocity while decreasing the blast radius of software bugs and outages, and tracking and improving customer facing metrics.
- Form excellent working relationships with your counterparts in design, product, marketing, external QA vendors, and other engineering and business teams across Square.
- 8+ years relevant software development and systems design experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Development Manager
- Experience leading large software services that have successfully been delivered to customers
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.