Android Developer, TIDAL
- Berlin, Germany
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 70 million songs, over 250,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Square will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be successful.
TIDAL is looking for Android developers who are excited about working with one of the most advanced music streaming apps in the business. You will be able to develop and apply your skills in multiple disciplines while working with the biggest names in the industry.
As an Android developer at TIDAL you will be part of a tight-knit team with individuals who are passionate about technology and creating great user experiences. We focus on teamwork and creativity, and ALL ideas count. Through your work, you will have the possibility to imprint your craftsmanship in our product and your work will be seen by millions of users every day.
You will be part of TIDAL's Android team of skilled developers who are responsible for design, architecture and the performance of the app on Android phones, TV, and Auto. All our development work is done in Oslo, where we have a team of accomplished developers who work on delivering a music platform of high technical quality to our global user base.
As an Android developer at TIDAL you will:
- Play a central role in facilitating the growth of TIDAL in one of the most dynamic and competitive sectors within digital music
- Shape the direction of the product through the Android platform, improve current features and introduce new technologies
- Participate in discussions with international partners to establish the future of streaming music
- Collaborate with the Android team, but also with the product team, designers, QA and backend developers
- You have a relevant higher education (BA).
- 4+ years of experience with Android
- 4+ years of Kotlin and/or Java
- 1+ year of experience with Git, RXJava, Dagger
- Knowledge of SOLID principles, Clean Code and Clean Architecture
- Fluency in English, since it is our company language
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.