Trust & Safety Lead, Cash App
- New York, NY
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
We are looking for a Trust & Safety Lead to oversee and manage security operations at Cash App's New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, North Carolina and Canada offices, under the guidance and direction of the Global Trust & Safety Lead for Cash App. This is an important position on Cash App's Trust and Safety team to implement and maintain the security operations program for the eastern United States and Canada. You will support the Office employees in each location, managing safety and security programs and emergency response. You will partner with teams at Cash App, leased building management groups, vendors, and other staff.
- Ensure that the highest levels of customer service are provided to Cash App employees, customers, vendors, contractors, and guests
- Support offices within the East Coast region and Canada
- Willingness to respond on short notice at any time of the day or night
- Understand fire life-safety systems in compliance with NFPA, State and Local standards
- Ensure that all personnel, buildings and facilities are in compliance with Cash Safety and Security Procedures Manual (SSPM)
- Manage and implement guard force training requirements that are consistent with State or Country regulatory agencies
- Develop and maintain employee-based Emergency Response Team (ERT) programs, including training sessions, meetings, and equipment maintenance for all offices under your care
- Develop annual cost structures to optimize staff levels, vendor management, and equipment
- Lead the relationships with building management, tenants, local emergency responders, and other public and private organizations to protect Cash App
- Liaison with internal departments at Cash App to manage guest and employee safety for events at your office locations
- Be a leader within Cash App's crisis management team during emergency events under the direction of the Director of Trust and Safety
- Manage incident reporting and investigations to ensure compliance with SSPM standards to document activities, accidents or events. Conduct investigations as required.
- A passion for helping people with an emphasis on customer service, and be able to transfer that passion to your team
- 8 or more years of supervisory experience in your background
- Experience in physical security, access control systems, video systems, guest management, facility key systems, fire life-safety
- Experience supervising others in a tenured position in a similar environment
- Team-building, analyst, investigations, presentation, and cross-functional working skills
- Expert with Apple MacOS, iOS, and cloud-based collaboration tools including Google Drive and email systems
- A passion for Cash App and its customers
- You have ASIS, ISACA, DRI, BCI certification
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.