Customer Support Associate
- Melbourne, Australia
- Alternate Location: Sydney, Australia
We are looking for a Customer Success Advocate to join the Square Australia Customer Success team. The Customer Success team works with Square customers by phone, email, messaging and social media to proactively solve problems, demonstrate how to get the most out of Square, and always improve our Square products by giving feedback to Square Product teams. Reporting to the Lead, Customer Success, you’ll support our diverse Square customer base across Australia.
You may have current experience providing customer service in hospitality, retail, or another customer-focused role. You will work with your lead and Square teammates to develop a career in a technology company, better understand the unique challenges faced by Australian (and international) small business owners, and help promote long-term success for Square in Australia.
- Solve customer inquiries by email, phone, messaging and social media, using a CRM tool
- Connect with sellers to discuss their needs and how Square products can help them start and grow their business
- Identify, document, and follow up with Square engineers on product bugs and features, taking ownership of customers’ issues
- Recognise opportunities to update external Support Center content and internal Customer Success documentation
- Work with other Square Australia and international teams (Product, Engineering, Business Development, Marketing and Finance) to improve product, policies and procedures
- Analyse trends in customer issues and suggest improvement ideas and plans
- Treat Customer Success as a product at Square, improving and iterating on the customer experience
- Work with internal Squares and our Square Australia sellers with empathy, being willing to seek different perspectives, take principled risks and have a focus on inventing and learning
- Occasionally work on public holidays to support our Square Australia sellers
- The ability to work with Australia-based customers in English (writing and phone), and global Square colleagues in English (reading, writing and video meetings)
- Experience working in a customer-centric, cross-functional role at a technology company or a background in hospitality, retail or a customer-facing role
- Problem-solving skills - you enjoy digging into a problem and finding a solution
- The ability to tailor a custom customer success experience to address the unique requirements of individual Square customers
- A strong interest in receiving and implementing feedback and focus on improvement
- A passion for Square and desire to help customers
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.