- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
The Corporate Accountant will be an essential addition to the finance organization as Square grows around the world. You will provide accounting and financial oversight for Square's international entities, support the completeness and accuracy of the financial records, and help us ensure that financial close and reporting processes are consistent globally. You will support the month-end close process, prepare monthly reports, perform reconciliations, analyze individual country financial data, and assist with ad-hoc projects. You will report directly to the international Accounting & Statutory Reporting Lead.
- Perform month and quarter end close processes and activities, including the preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and flux analyses.
- Support international statutory audits and filings by working with external auditors and internal business partners
- Prepare entity financials to support quarterly business reviews and regulatory reporting requirements
- Perform account analyses and present findings to senior leadership
- Support external accounting BPO activities to ensure day-to-day international operational needs are met
- Partner with departments across the business (and across our teams worldwide) to ensure accounting treatment of activities
- Drive initiatives for global process alignment across all Square entities and implement enhancements and improvements
- Implement process improvements and document our controls to ensure a SOX compliant internal control environment
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or relevant field (CPA license a preferred plus)
- 3+ years of public accounting or industry experience
- Proficient in US GAAP (IFRS knowledge is a plus)
- Experience with Oracle Cloud or other ERP systems
- The ability to work well with people at multiple levels (including non-financial colleagues)
- Efficiency and improvement-focused
- Enthusiasm and to data integrity, process definition, and organizational understanding
- Passion for Square - interest in technology and knowledge of industry
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.