- St. Louis, MO
- Alternate Location: Chicago, United States
Join the Square Account Management team and help our merchants grow their business! The Account Management team helps merchants get the most out of Square through product education, business advice and introducing new features.
Our team is hiring an account manager who is passionate about helping business owners succeed. You will be responsible for nurturing relationships and finding creative ways to make Square products work for a complex array of customers. You will identify ways to expand collaboration with customers and act as an internal advocate for decision makers in your book of business.
- Be responsible for growing and retaining a multi-million dollar GPV customer base
- Understand customer needs to help achieve their business goals through Square
- Cross sell and upsell products and features by discovering customer leads
- Effectively and strategically address customer concerns and issues
- Help grow our managed accounts program
- Work with our Sales, Support and Product teams to make sure customers have the best possible experience across all aspects of Square
- Support account management peers by taking on a product specialization, becoming an expert on a product or process, and delivering feedback to PMs
- 2 - 3 years experience in Sales, Account Management or related field
- Experience discovering and closing sales opportunities and building client relationships.
- Experience successfully managing a pipeline to achieve revenue targets
- Strong interest in business operations and strategy
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Passion and knowledge about how new technologies can help better serve small and medium size businesses
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.