Mobile Engineering Manager, Cash App
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
The Cash App mobile team is looking for an engineering manager to help us fundamentally change how people use Cash App today. We’re building a whole new way for people to use their money, expanding the reach of the Cash App network, and the person in this position will play a pivotal role in how we shape, deploy, and grow this new area. You will be personally responsible for the growth of the mobile engineers on this team; collaborating with your fellow product, design, and server partners on decisions that will directly impact this product; looking out at new technologies and evaluating how they could positively impact the way our customers interact with Cash App everywhere.
- Manage and grow a team of product-focused mobile engineers.
- Support the building of new, exciting functionality into an application designed to provide concrete value to our customers.
- Own the inception, growth, and maintenance of this new product area.
- Lead and participate in technical, design, and product discussions with your fellow partners on the team, and with other partners throughout the organization.
- Continue building a world-class team through hiring, coaching, and continued development.
- Experienced in managing and mentoring engineers (including providing feedback, investing in career growth, and growing teams).
- Focused on the design of products from a customer perspective. We are here to make their lives easier, and want to ensure we’re putting our customers first through every piece of engineering.
- Committed to continuous improvement of yourself, your teammates, and our software.
- Eager to share your own ideas, and open to the ideas of others.
Technologies We Use and Teach:
- Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin
- UIKit, CoreAnimation, SQLite, Accessibility frameworks
- Unit tests, snapshot tests, integration tests
- Protocol buffers
- So much more!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.