- St. Louis, MO
Implementation Specialists manage the final stages of the sales funnel, working with merchants to bring the deal through to activation and accelerate the onboarding process. Implementation Specialists use deep product and industry knowledge to project-manage the onboarding stage of the sales process. They are additionally instrumental in ensuring the documentation and tracking of feature requests to inform future product roadmaps. This is a customer-facing role that involves a combination of remote and onsite merchant interactions and certain data-entry responsibilities.
A successful Implementation Specialist will: (1) provide an incredible onboarding experience for Sellers, (2) accelerate the sales cycle by specializing onboarding and training, and (3) develop new efficiencies to shorten the onboarding sales stage.
- Remote merchant work: phone consults, advising on hardware/software/operations, staff training, menu building, account optimization, driving deals over the finish line with proposed timeline.
- Occasional onsite merchant work, including training and hardware install.
- Project manage, working with our offshore team to complete the following data entry tasks: configure customer account, optimize menu setup, and other data entry tasks involved in getting a merchant onboard.
- Attend internal stakeholder meetings, roadmap discussions, client optimization sessions, team, region, and departmental-wide syncs.
- 3+ years experience in a customer-facing role, preferably in Implementation, Support or Sales.
- An infectiously positive attitude, as well as a desire to perform at a high level and a continuous basis, and uplift the team around you.
- Proven track record of success in delivering multiple complex projects in the technology industry, managing a book of business and partnering with external clients to deliver on the promises committed to in the sales process .
- Excellent time management, written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive within ambiguity and confidence to operate independently.
Nice to have:
- Previous Project Management experience a plus.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.