Application Security Engineer
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Application Security Engineers ensure the safety of data and dollars entrusted to us by working closely with product engineering teams to improve the security of Square applications. They collaborate with product teams to identify and mitigate risks to Square through the following:
- Discover security issues through penetration testing, source code review, and design review.
- Communicate the issues to teams across Square with clear recommendations for how to fix them. Assist with fixing issues as needed.
- Automate discovery and fixing of issues through code scanning and tool improvements.
- Support response to vulnerabilities discovered internally or externally.
- Design and implement security features and class mitigations in libraries and frameworks.
- 5+ years of relevant security experience
- Demonstrated experience in vulnerability discovery and remediation
- Experience in one or more of these areas:
- Web security
- Kubernetes, core infrastructure
- Identity, authentication
- Cryptography, HSM
- Memory corruption
- Mobile application security
- Scripting, automation, programming
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.