Technical Program Manager, Cloud PaaS
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Support Square as we move out of data centers into the cloud. Help us build out our platforms and tools to enable our developers to easily build and migrate their applications from our data centers to the cloud. We are looking for someone to organize and guide the work across hundreds of product engineering teams, finance, infosec, platform teams and sometimes our cloud providers, and level up our ability to accomplish this vision.
You will be part of the Platform Infrastructure and Engineering (PIE) team, reporting to the PMO lead. PIE is a trusted partner for every Square employee that enables product teams to succeed by providing connectivity, tools, technology and platforms. The PIE organization accelerates product and business progress by enhancing productivity and reducing friction.
Are you a person with excellent interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills? Do you have experience driving complex programs with multiple stakeholders, and enough technical acumen to understand IasS and PaaS architecture?. Sound like you? Read on!
- Partner with engineering leads across the company to manage Cloud programs, including PaaS feature development, application migrations , tooling, metrics and documentation.
- Drive multiple projects to completion.
- Help plan and track the development of our cloud platform migration features and migrating data center workloads to the platform
- Provide daily execution guidance for engineering projects, coordinating efforts across organizations and verticals, and help unblock all teams across Square.
- Communicate migration status across the company.
- Help promote the Platform Programs at Square.
- Program Management or equivalent management experience in a mid to large sized company running complex programs with multiple stakeholders for at least 8 years.
- Experience communicating and translating non-technical to technical (and vice versa) requirements and discussions, organizational, coordination, and running multiple projects.
- Experience understanding technical architecture and design.
- Experience making and meeting commitments and drive team results
- Experience with cloud migrations, IaaS, PaaS
- [Bonus] Programming Experience writing shipping code and/or experience managing engineering teams
- [Bonus] Experience with Agile methodologies
- [Bonus] Experience with Platform Security
- [Bonus] Experience in program management with platform infrastructure and engineering organizations/teams
- [Bonus] Experience managing programs with remote/distributed teams
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.