Product Manager, Payroll Operations
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
The Square Payroll’s Operations team manages the people and technology that power our fast-growing business. Our sellers rely on us to quickly and accurately move money to their employees, tax agencies and benefits partners, while ensuring 100% compliance with the latest regulations.
We are looking for a technical product manager to help us scale our operations to serve more customers, expand to international markets, and explore new business models. In this role, you will define product vision, strategy and roadmap for APIs, automation and integrations that are loved by internal and third-party developers and operations teams. You have experience working with APIs and leading platform strategy, and are passionate about the potential for platforms to unlock new opportunities for seller success.
- Spend time with customers and partners and translate their needs into APIs, developer and operational toolkits, and integration experiences
- Create and guide our platform roadmap and represent the team with partners and Payroll leads to influence and align resources and prioritization
- Understand the needs of Square sellers, third-party developers, and teams within Square building on and utilizing our platform, and guide our team to ship remarkable solutions
- Foster an environment that enables the Payroll Engineering team to build quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- In collaboration with engineering, product, and data science, lead the end-to-end success of projects from discovery to launch
- Tie objectives back to business metrics such as cost, speed, reliability, scale and operational efficiency
- Highlight the key technical risk areas, dependencies and technical debt. Develop actionable strategies to address.
- 5+ years of technical product management experience
- 3+ years of experience shipping successful platform products and APIs that required partnering across multiple teams, organizations, and companies
- Ability to both operate at a strategic level and dive deep into the technical details and complexity with ease. You can readily communicate technical and complex topics to non-technical audiences.
- Passion for our purpose of economic empowerment and helping sellers succeed
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction based on customer needs
- Great relationship-building skills that shine when you're talking with a customer, cross-functional partner, or engaging a diverse audience
- Natural curiosity and growth mindset, obsession with the details
- Experience in building and scaling a technical product discipline from the ground up is nice to have
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.