Financial Reporting Manager - External Reporting
- Oakland, CA
- Employees can work remotely
Square is looking for an experienced Manager of Financial Reporting to join our Global Financial Reporting team organization. This position, reporting to the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting, will be primarily responsible for preparing and coordinating all aspects of the quarterly and annual financial reporting process. This position can sit in any Square office in the United States or be full-time remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements and footnote disclosures for 10-Q and 10-K's following U.S. GAAP and SEC requirements
- You will support other SEC filings including the Proxy statement and 8-Ks
- Perform preliminary review of XBRL tagging of financial statements and footnotes
- Help coordinate with Corporate Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Legal and corporate technology to help ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statement disclosures
- You will help with preparation and tie out of earnings release materials
- Work with our auditors on SEC disclosure questions and reporting
- You will help with monthly consolidation process including account reconciliations, journal entries and maintaining accurate support
- You will research and draft required SEC disclosures
- Support technical accounting including M&A purchase accounting and opening balance sheet audits as needed
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting as needed including: state licensing, regulatory filings and other financial reporting as needed, including Census reports, international team quarterly financials
- You Have:8+ years of financial reporting/ technical accounting experience in a large multi-national public company
- 5+ years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA or progression toward required
- Familiarity with Oracle, Hyperion/ Essbase, Equity Edges and Workiva
- Familiarity with and interpreting SEC Reg. S-X and S-K rules
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting standards such as: ASC 260, ASC 718, ASC 805
- Experience with SOX 404 internal control assessment and risk assessment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.