Head of Crypto Engineering (Server), Cash App
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
Cash App is looking for a seasoned Organizational Leader with a deep interest and passion for Bitcoin who has a history of building successful products, organizations, and high performing engineering teams.
You will work alongside senior leaders across all disciplines to expand our existing Bitcoin product line into a portfolio of crypto-based services focused on our mission of empowering individuals across the world.
As the Head of Crypto Engineering, you will be responsible for leading and growing the Engineering organization responsible for all of Cash App’s crypto-based products and will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
- Work alongside Design, Mobile, and Product counterparts to build and execute on a roadmap and strategy that establishes Cash App as a leader for consumer-facing crypto services
- Build an outstanding organization by hiring exceptional people and fostering a culture of ownership, inclusiveness, accountability, and urgency
- Lead structure and process changes to ensure teams scale effectively with minimal overhead
- Collaborate with engineering managers, product managers, and stakeholders to align on OKRs and execution milestones
- Champion technical excellence and ensure quality as the number of products grow
- 15+ years of experience working in the tech industry
- Embedded yourself in the Bitcoin & Crypto ecosystems and are a thought leader in the evolution of consumer-facing crypto products
- Led multiple teams and managers within a high-growth organization
- Delivered products used by millions of people
- Familiarity with the unique challenges that accompany financial services used by unbanked and underbanked
- Experience building and maintaining a culture of technical excellence, meritocracy, and accountability across large teams
- Experience leading organizations across multiple time zones and countries
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.