Dispute Operations Specialist
- St. Louis, MO
We are seeking a highly motivated and resourceful individual to join the payment Disputes Team.
The Disputes team provides highly technical support to sellers who have received a payment dispute, also known as chargeback. In this role you will analyze transactions and chargeback patterns and communicate with sellers in cases where additional information is required. You will complete detailed case analysis, track and monitor our win rates by acquirer/card-network, and work directly with sellers to assist them through the chargeback process. Additionally, you will collaborate cross functionally, surfacing anomalies and process improvements to internal operations teams, data analysts and engineers. We're looking for candidates with a strong sense of curiosity, supportive nature, go-getter attitude, and demonstrate a strong aptitude for problem solving.
- Monitor, evaluate, and respond to cardholder disputes
- Research and compile evidence to validate transactions
- Escalate complex cases for guidance/assistance as necessary
- Maintain or exceed established service level agreements and guidelines for timely resolution of queued transactions to minimize potential losses
- Effectively manage customer inquiries via phone and email using a CRM tool
- Advocate for customers by identifying trends in issues and suggesting improvements to processes, policies and products
- Effectively communicate with customers, internal and external parties to ensure all SLAs are achieved
- Identify, document and escalate bugs to engineers
- Manage end-to-end processes and ensure on-time delivery of critical initiatives
- Work cross functionally with Credit Risk, Fraud Operations, Customer Success, Counsel, Analysts and Engineers within Square
- Build your knowledge of risk at Square, and the broader payments industry
- Bring an inclusive, thoughtful attitude committed to creative problem solving and getting things done
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Flexible curious nature, comfortable with rapid change
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- A metrics-driven work style that leverages data to make informed decisions
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and ideas and thrive in an energizing environment
- A desire to help people and improve the customer experience
- A passion for Square and strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
- Spanish or French fluency a plus
- Previous experience with payment dispute processing or transaction review a plus
- Analytics experience and/or Looker, SQL proficiency
This is a full-time (40/hr week) position
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.