Software Engineering Return to Work Program, Cash App
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers
The Cash App team is excited to launch our first Return to Work program right here in Australia. The barrier of entry back into the industry is high & Cash App wants to be at the forefront of removing it - Come renew and resume your career with us!
If you had to put your career on hold for any reason, but are keen to get back to work, we want to partner with you. With the help of a three-week tailored training bootcamp, a four-month stint on one of our software engineering teams, and mentorship along the way, you'll be off to relaunching your career journey in no time!
How it works: The three phases
- You'll start off with a three-week tailored training bootcamp covering topics like problem solving, writing code, and industry-standard programming practices.
- You'll then transition into working with one of our engineering teams to apply your technical skills. You will be assigned a mentor on the team, who will partner with you.
- Your employment will be subject to your successful completion of a 6-month probationary period. We will use the probationary period to help evaluate your performance, including your ability to write code, work effectively within your team, receive feedback, and improve your craft.
We have openings across multiple teams. Once you have completed the training bootcamp, we will match you with a team where you will be set up for success. As a participant in this program, you will:
- Collaborate with fellow engineers to develop, build, test, and release high quality code
- Ensure Cash App works right, every time, by using testing, continuous integration, and in-depth code reviews
- Contribute to the success of your team's projects and development
- Design data models to support application features
- Build APIs used by apps and microservices
- Scale systems to our growing customer base
- Operate and manage Cash App services
- Contribute to the broader tech and open source communities
- Taken a career break from Software Development for 3 or more years
- A minimum of 5 years Software Development industry experience
- The ability to code in any programming language
- A desire to explore solutions in a small and focused team
- A desire to learn and challenge yourself
Technologies we use currently:
- Kubernetes, AWS
- Jaeger, Prometheus, SignalFx
- Hibernate, Guice, GRPC
We take a technology agnostic approach to our interview process, as long as you understand the fundamentals of software development, we'll teach you everything else you need to know!
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.