Call Center Manager, Front Line
- Columbus, OH, USA
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
*Candidates applying to this role must be within 50 miles of Columbus, OH - this is not a fully remote opportunity*
We are seeking an individual to lead members of Square's Customer Success team. You will not only lead a team of passionate Advocates, but you will also build outstanding operations - optimizing all Success channels including email, messaging, and phone - all while strengthening team culture, driving customer happiness, and promoting employee success. You will be a liaison working with product, engineering, business development, marketing, and finance to improve Square's most important strategic priorities. You will track Key Performance Indicators weekly.
- Coach and mentor team members with a focus on professional development and upstream thinking
- Drive improvements in customer satisfaction across channels
- Develop metrics to measure the growth and performance of the team, and provide reports as needed
- Treat Success as a product at Square, brainstorming and iterating on the customer experience
- Develop and lead end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery of essential Success programs
- Gather and summarize relevant data, suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Scale the Success team by capitalizing on opportunities for increased efficiency, driving productivity programs
- 6+ years of work experience with 3+ years of direct people management experience preferred
- Managed a team of 7+ individuals in a high volume environment
- Past product and project management experience
- Experience building and scaling Customer Success operations, in a fast-paced startup or tech environment
- Experience upselling and cross selling
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- A passion for Square and ensuring an outstanding customer experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.