Finance & Strategy Manager - Cash App Crypto
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager to be the essential financial partner for the Cash App Crypto product. You will help expand our existing Bitcoin product line into a portfolio of crypto-based services. You will also work with our Equities team and manage a senior analyst who will forecast and analyze historical financial performance for both the Bitcoin and Equity products.
- Partner with Product, Operations, Tax and Accounting teams to promote Crypto's domestic and international expansion
- Drive analysis to make the case for new monetizable opportunities within crypto ecosystem
- Support strategic decisions, including ad-hoc projects on customer behavior analysis and unit economics, LTV / ROI of marketing efforts, and other data-driven analysis
- Partner with Ops and Treasury teams to manage BTC custody and insurance captive costs and requirements
- Oversee one senior analyst focused on Cash's equities investing product
- Work with Hardware wallet and TBD F&S teams
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- 2+ years of crypto knowledge or experience
- Excellent proficiency with SQL and in financial modeling and Excel ( be prepared for a case study)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.